Nationals MLB News

Major league and minor league news on the newest MLB franchise written and maintained by professional newspaper journalists.

Thursday, February 10, 2005

NBA Game - Raptors vs Bucks (Feb. 9, 2005)

This is a little off topic today, but I thought that I would share some of the pictures I took last night during the Toronto Raptors-Milwaukee Bucks NBA game at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto. The Raptors controlled the game until the last five minutes and ended up losing 110-107. Rafer Alston had a great game for the Raptors after leaving halfway through the previous game after a blowup with coach Sam Mitchell.

Click HERE to see all the photos.

It was my first time shooting a NBA game (although I have shot a ton of amateur games) and it was pretty exciting. I was positioned right under the Raptors net for the entire game. Hopefully my shots will turn out a little bit crisper next time, as I make adjustments while shooting in such a unique area. I was also working with a $1,500 camera and lens as opposed to the other photographers there who pay something like $10,000 for their lens alone.

I’m not sure when my next pro sports outing will be but I definitely hope to make the Washington Nationals/Toronto Blue Jays series in May. Whether I go as a photographer or a print reporter (or both) I am not sure yet…

As a side note: If there is anyone out there who has media/photographer credentials in the Washington area, I would love to get some Nationals’ photos for the Web site when the regular season starts (or even Spring Training). Email me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home